Once you’ve registered with Club Heal the Bay online, you’re ready to get started on your green projects. Here’s some ideas to get you started.
Remember that all of these volunteer opportunities will be presented when you attend a Volunteer Orientation or schedule a Club Orientation from Halina Do-Linh at your school.
HtB Cleanup Programs
- Coastal Cleanup Day (September 15, 2018) – Register here
- Nothin’ But Sand (3rd Saturday, Monthly) – see the schedule for info on signing up!
- Adopt-A-Beach (submit request at on our Marine Debris Database min. 3 weeks notice)
- Organize Campus/Community Cleanup (Toolkit)
- Wednesday Warriors (Weds, 1:30-4:30pm)
- Other Opportunities as specified in Newsletter
Some Fundraising Ideas:
- Aluminum Can Collection Campaign (recycling)
- Selling Handmade Reusable Shopping Bags
- Campus Bake Sale
- Partner with us for other amazing events! (must coordinate with staff)
Current Heal the Bay Projects
- Marine Debris Database (trash survey)
- Marine Protected Areas (MPA) Watch (training TBD for 2018, regular opportunities after) – Register here
- iNaturalist, eBird, Project Noah, etc.
- Other opportunities from our many partners
- Speakers Bureau Training (Winter 2018 – Feb)
- Speakers Bureau Talks (regular)
- Street Fleet Training (TBD 2018)
- Community Tablings, Festivals, Events (regular)
- Youth Summits (regular trainings)
- Storm Drain Stenciling (Toolkit)
- Other Heal the Bay Campaigns