Once you’ve registered with Club Heal the Bay online, you’re ready to get started on your green projects. Here’s some ideas to get you started.
Remember that all of these volunteer opportunities will be presented when you attend a Volunteer Orientation or schedule a Club Orientation from Zoë Scott at your school.
HtB Cleanup Programs
- Coastal Cleanup Day (3rd Saturday, September) – Register here
- Nothin’ But Sand (3rd Saturday, Monthly) – see the schedule for info on signing up!
- Adopt-A-Beach (submit request at on our Marine Debris Database min. 3 weeks notice)
- Organize Campus/Community Cleanup (Toolkit)
- Weekly Volunteers (Weds, 1:30-5pm)
- Other Opportunities as specified in Newsletter
Some Fundraising Ideas:
- Aluminum Can Collection Campaign (recycling)
- Selling Handmade Reusable Shopping Bags
- Campus Bake Sale
- Partner with us for other amazing events! (must coordinate with staff)
Current Heal the Bay Projects
- Marine Debris Database (trash survey)
- Marine Protected Areas (MPA) Watch (training in October, regular opportunities after) – Register here
- iNaturalist, eBird, Project Noah, etc.
- Other opportunities from our many partners
- Speakers Bureau Training (March)
- Speakers Bureau Talks (regular)
- Street Fleet Training (March)
- Community Tablings, Festivals, Events (regular)
- Youth Summits (regular trainings) – Planning for October – keep an eye out for more information!
- Storm Drain Stenciling (Toolkit)
- Other Heal the Bay Campaigns